MODERN RENAISSANCE

Saturday, February 25, 2017



I ordered my palette exactly a week ago from BeautyBay and I have been raving about it non-stop. May I just add, these pictures do not do enough justice to this palette! ABH has really knocked this one out of the park. I paid a total of £41.00 and I can honestly say that it was worth every single penny!




To start with, the palette is packaged in a pinkish mauve cardboard box and the palette itself is of a pink felt/velvet material; a similar colour to the packaging. I'm not a huge fan of the casing as it catches dirt and is stained easily and I also find it quite tacky (hence I keep it in the cardboard box). The actual palette is predominantly made of cardboard, contents a small mirror and also comes with a double-ended brush.



I cannot express how pigmented each and every shade is. They are a dream to blend and the colour pay off is insane! The palette is described as a rainbow of warm toned shades with berries and taupes.  It is stated at this palette boasts 11 matte shades and 3 metallic shades, which makes it so versatile; I find the mattes always look better on my eyes. The formulation of these shadows are so creamy (undoubtedly as Dimethicone is listed second on the ingredients list). Dimethicone is an organic silicone-based polymer and is used in many makeup products to add that creamy consistency to products (primarily due to the properties of silicone).



The palette contains 14 shades, each of 0.05g (0.02 ounces) and ranges from deep matte browns to shades of oranges and pinks. The list of all shades within the palette are listed below:


  • Tempera - A matte beige
  • Golden Ochre - A matte 'earth toned' yellow
  • Vermeer - Iridescent pink
  • Buon Fresco -  A matte lavender (also the shade of the packaging and casing)
  • Love Letter - A matte raspberry
  • Cyprus Umber - A matte deep brown
  • Raw Sienna - A matte amber
  • Burnt Orange - A deep matte orange
  • Primavera - An iridescent shimmery gold
  • Red Ochre - A matte red
  • Venetian Red - A matte crimson
  • Warm Taupe - Earth toned grey
  • Realgar - A matte brick orange
(Swatched from top to bottom)



To conclude, this palette was worth every bit of my money as the consistency of shades are amazing, the longevity is applaudable and there are more mattes than shimmers WHICH IS A BONUS!

Love Shelly x

You Might Also Like

0 comments