make up favourites

Thursday, September 15, 2016

What beauty products can I not live without?
I often get a few questions about what beauty products I use and my daily regimes, so I thought I'd start off by introducing you to my essentials.
These are the products I pick up straight away when I go into my makeup drawers. I'm usually quite particular about products and their consistencies; when I try a new product out, it takes me some time to become fond of it.



MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance Primer
I know that I said that it takes me a few tries to become fond of a product, but this primer had me smitten with my first go. It adds a beautiful, subtle glow to your skin and still shows through your foundation (no matter how heavy the coverage!) I haven't noticed a difference with the longevity of my makeup but I definitely recommend it for everyday, natural makeup looks. The tester is almost empty and I'm incredibly tempted to buy the full version.
£29.50 at Debenhams 

LA Girl HD PRO Conceal
I have been using this concealer for almost a year now and it is the only one I ever use. Not only is it insanely affordable, it is full coverage and non-cakey. You don't even need more than one layer, and I have the WORST dark circles in the world. The brush-like applicator allows you to apply the concealer evenly and I use a damp beauty blender to give myself an airbrush finish.
£3.99 at LA Girl

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation
This foundation leaves a velvety finish and is of a medium coverage. It smells divine and it looks beautiful on the skin. It's perfect for the "no makeup" makeup look and it lasts all day. I'd say it has a semi matte-semi dewy finish (somewhere in between) and I cannot get enough of it. If you plan to use it for a full face, the coverage is build-able and doesn't look cakey. I believe the colour selection is quite broad but limited towards the darker shades. From what I remember, I am in 43 Beige which is slightly pink on me, but I can accommodate it to my skin tone as my setting powder has a yellowish tint to it.
£36.00 on FeelUnique



Anastasia Beverly Hills Pro Series Contour Kit
I have this palette in the 'light' shade, and purchasing it is the best decision I have ever made. It is so versatile and the shades are super pigmented. I use the bottom three shades for either bronzing or contouring, and the top middle shade for setting my makeup. You can see that the banana shade is well loved as I've hit pan and may need to restock soon! All shades can even be used as eyeshadow - I use the darker shades as transition shades as they are the perfect transition colours on my skin tone.
£39.00 on BeautyBay



Givenchy Croisiere Bronzing Powder
This is the most loved product in my collection - does the picture give it away? It adds a beautiful all-over glow and radiance to my face, whilst also warming up my complexion. I apply this to the hollows of my cheeks, temples and jawline to add dimension as my face can look quite flat after foundation (I use the shade 04). It has a hefty price tag for just a bronzer but I swear to you, it is my holy grail.
£36.00 at Debenhams 




Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl in Golden Honey
Can I just say, that if you want the ULTIMATE glow, then this will become your number 1 bff. You don't even need 50 layers of it for it to show up, the pigmentation is amazing! The only downside is that the packaging doesn't seem so luxurious. For the price you pay, you'd expect something more than just plastic but that's just my OCD kicking in. It is a powder but it looks of a creamy consistency when applied to the skin. I am in l o v e.
£21.00 at Debenhams 

Givenchy Rouge Interdit Lip Liner (09)
This lipliner is infused with Vitamin E so it leaves your lips feeling moisturised and is waterproof. What more can you ask for? It is of a creamy consistency, has a matte finish, and doesn't leave your lips feeling or looking dry as most lip liners do. I wear this on its own, or you can use it to contour your lips under your lipstick. It is an everyday nude-brown (on Indian skin tone) and definitely my go-to.
£16.00 at Debenhams

I'm aware that my essentials are not entirely budget-friendly so if you do find a dupe or would like me to do a post on dupes I have found within my makeup collection please let me know!

Love Shelly x




You Might Also Like

0 comments