Chinatown, Soho & Mayfair

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

I've lived in England for my entire life, and I've visited London numerous times. But can you believe that I have never been to Chinatown or Soho? 





I fell in love with the culture that permeated this place. From the market stalls and oriental supermarkets, to the people who greeted each and every person. It made me want to travel to China and witness the streets of Beijing for real!
The street was brimming with tourists, and the restaurants which sat along the perimeter of the street. The queues were HUGE! No doubt they were lovers of authentic Chinese cuisine.

In Soho, I discovered the most a-maz-ing Thai restaurant - Busaba. The restaurant was Thai themed (obviously) with low hanging lights, plated frosted windows and benched tables, where multiple people can sit around. I didn't think that this was very private but I'm assuming that this is traditional Thai dining, or the restaurant is designed for larger parties. The restaurant had a strong fragrant of incense, and dim lighting which created quite a calm vibe.



I can't remember exactly what I ordered but it was exquisite. The Calamari starters were divine and ever so flavourful, I've never tasted anything like it. From what I remember, it wasn't too pricey either! 

We walked along Piccadilly, and I discovered this insanely quirky book store "Hatchards". The interior was mesmerising, and I fell in love with it. You definitely need to visit this place!

Everyone is so obsessed with what fills the streets rather than what sits above them. The elaborate architecture of these buildings are severely under-appreciated. 





I obviously had to stop by the Ladurèe and pick some macaroons up. I had never had these before, and I've always wanted to buy some. I cannot describe how beautiful these tasted. The shells were melt-in-the mouth and the sticky filling was heavenly. I bought a box of 6 for around £16 (usually £13 but I opted for the prettier box!) and I purchased two salted caramels ones (my favourite flavour), one vanilla pecan, one pistachio, one chocolate and one coconut.
The shop was only small and offered coffee and hot chocolate too. It was filled with hustle bustle, as you would expect, and the entire place was gold. There was an endless selection but before I was persuaded into buying more, I had to leave the shop!

Soon we found ourselves strolling the streets of Mayfair, outside Green Park, and admiring the street art that many talented and unrecognised artists put out for sale. It baffles me how exquisitely detailed these were.


Hope you enjoyed this little photo diary!

Love Shelly x

You Might Also Like

0 comments