Island getaway

Saturday, September 10, 2016

I'm so excited to be writing my first blog post! Well, the title is self explanatory.
This summer, we made a family trip to the beautiful Canary Islands, South of Tenerife (Costa Adeje) to be exact.
I stayed at a resort called Iberostar Anthelia which was neighbours with a luxury mall which boasted designer shops such as Cartier, Armani, Chanel and Celine. All products there were tax free, therefore a fraction of the price you would ideally pay in the United Kingdom.
We were there for 7 nights, and I wish we stayed for longer!
The beaches were filled with stretches of fine, golden sand and you could see miles of perfectly blue, still water.
At shore, there was a mixture of golden and black sand which would beautifully marble. I couldn't get any pictures of this unfortunately!


I would've liked to explore the heritage of the island but there weren't any excursions which allowed us to visit these places. However, we spent many of our days at the beach, relaxing, as one should do on holiday.  The cheeky locals would crack open a coconut as they ask before we even said yes, forcing us to purchase one! Nonetheless, it was delicious and felt oh-so-tropical.


On another day, we visited a nearby and newly developed mall which boasted many high-street shops including Zara, Mango, H&M and Bershka. The mall itself was marvellously established, with its modern architecture but also displayed symbolisms of different religions - which I personally thought was a lovely touch.






I wish I had more pictures to post but as I was only here for a week, my photo selection is extremely limited. Let me know what you think of these kind of tourist-y posts! 

Love Shelly x

You Might Also Like

1 comments